GOT SALT BOLIVIA
SALAR DE UYUNI
salar de uyuni
info + tips, all you need to know before traveling
Located in the south west region of Bolivia, bordering Chile it is the most beautiful and out of this world desert in South America, if not the planet. With a surface area of 12,000 km2 (4,050 square miles), the salt desert is popularly known as “el SALAR DE UYUNI”, but is also known as el Salar del Tunupa (the tunupa salt desert) or salar de los Lipez by the local communities.
During rainy season (january to march), a thin layer of water transforms the flats into a huge mirror which reflects the sky and where you can get amazing landscape photos, this effect has inspired photographers from around the world to visit the salt desert before it disappears, just kidding, there is approximately about 12 billion tons of salt here, we have salt for a very long time.
Welcome to GOT SALT BOLIVIA, my name is PAUL GUARDIA, founder and active guide in Uyuni – Bolivia. Since 2010 I’ve been traveling the salt desert and southwest region of Bolivia with guests from all over the world, providing the best and safest 4×4 expeditions to the largest salt desert in the world. My team and I have strong core values and our mind set on a NEW, FUN & SAFE way of traveling, we understand that when you visit Bolivia you wish to have the most memorable experience, this is why all of our programs include locations and activities you won’t find with any other tour company or travel agency.
got salt bolivia
SALAR DE UYUNI
visit the largest salt desert in the world…
full day tours
two day tours
three day tours
new, fun & safe travel from beginning to end…
7 day bolivian adventure
12 day tinku bolivia
18 day complete experience
got salt bolivia
GOT SALT BOLIVIA as a company takes your safety and health as number priority, this is why we have taken the following steps to make sure your travel is pleasant and safe:
– all GOT SALT BOLIVIA personnel gets the covid-19 blood test done once a month. Our drivers and guides will carry with them their test results to present on police and national park checkpoints or by our guests. Be careful with travel and tour agencies who offer cheap tours,avoiding this test is a good way of eliminating costs.
– at the beginning of the tour or when you first encounter our personel you will also be asked to present your COVID-19 or PCR test certificate issued by your doctor in your country of origin.
– you will also be asked to fill out a simple form with basic information such as: passport and travel details (coming from, going to, etc…), travel insurance information and an overall how you doing healthwise today.
all GOT SALT vehicles carry our COVID-19 PACK for you to use, we know you will probably bring your own sanitizers and items, never the less you will have ours at your disposition. Our pack includes:
- nose/mouth cover
- hand sanitizer
- personal alcohol disinfectant spray
- infrared thermometer (temperature control)
- oximeter (blood oxygen sensor)
- oxygen tank
- latex gloves
- COVID-19 rapid blood test kit*
As mentioned before, these items are there for you to use. The tourist departments only requires for us to provide the a nose/mouth cover and hand sanitizer to our guests, as you can see, we are going the extra mile to ensure your safety and health while traveling with us.
4x4 vehicle protocols
As required by the National Tourist Department, all vehicles are equipped with the following:
- disinfectant bottle spray to disinfect all customer touchpoints, your shoes and clothing. (keep in mind that additional to this you will also have your own alcohol spray included in our covid-19 pack for your personal use)
- a plastic divider between driver and passenger is present, to maintain distance.
- before the start of the program and ending the day all vehicles are cleaned and disinfected accordingly.
all GOT SALT BOLIVIA programs depart earlier than that of other travel companies, the driver and guide are to coordinate visits to each location at times when there is very few people, hence avoiding large group gatherings and potential contact with anyone outside your group. But also to have a better experience for pictures.
got salt bolivia
visit CHILE & PERU
we are on TripAdvisor!!
I can really recommend the private 3D2N saltflat tour with GotSaltBolivia and our guide/driver/chef Paul. It was en once in a life time experiance and i must say that Paul... read more
We did the 100% salt tour (3 days, 2 nights) with Paul from GOT Salt Bolivia. The communication before the tour was a bit slow at times, but he was... read more
We had a great 3 day tour with Paul via the salt flats and high desert . Paul was both informative and entertaining with the history, the terrain and the... read more